Competition is NOW CLOSED.
Congratulations, to our Healthcare Hero Winner, Corrin Pullen!
If you or your loved ones have been touched, inspired, encouraged or empowered by a Healthcare Worker during the past 18 months, we would like to hear from you. Share your experience as a gesture to thank them.
Our Healthcare Workers have been at the forefront of fighting the Covid-19 pandemic right from the start, facing challenges that few of us have or will encounter. We would like to acknowledge these often unsung heroes of our society.
- Who can enter – Nominations can be submitted by patients and/or their family members, the Healthcare Worker’s own friends/family, their colleagues or managers. The competition is open to South African residents 18 years and older, except the employees, directors, members, partners, agents or consultants of The Citizen, a division of CTP Limited and any of its sponsors/partners, their respective advertising and promotional agencies, media and PR agencies, as well as the immediate family members, consultants, directors and associates of such organisations and persons.
- Please ensure that you have the permission of the person you would like to nominate.
- Please submit your nominations by midnight, Sunday 10 October 2021.
- The winning Healthcare Hero will be decided by a panel of judges and the judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Along with having their story published, the winning Healthcare Hero will win a R5 000 Afristay travel voucher plus a Thule Subterra carry-on to the value of R4 999 that can be carried either as a shoulder bag or conveniently convert to a backpack.
- Readers and members of the public who provide the citizen with any personal info related to themselves or a third party warrant that they have legally required consent of the data subject in question.
- Only nominees whose status bona fide healthcare workers has been confirmed, will be in the running to win.
This competition is a collaboration between The Caxton Group including The Citizen, Caxton Local Media and African Media Entertainment (Algoa FM, OFM and Moneyweb) and the South African Department of Health.
Competition closes Sunday, 10 October 2021 at midnight.
Ts&Cs apply. Competition will run online and in print. By entering the competition, you accept The Citizen’s standard terms and conditions.