Competition runs daily until 20 September 2013.
1st prize: a VW Polo Vivo 1.4 valued at R130 000
2nd prize: two Big Boy Retro 150cc scooters valued at R25 000
3rd prize: a family weekend getaway for four to Emerald Resort & Casino valued at R12 500
To stand a chance to win, simply look for today’s keyword in The Citizen.
There will be a new keyword daily. All valid entries from each competition day will go into the draw. The 10 finalists will participate in a draw for the main prizes at the Emerald Cup on 28 September 2013.
Terms and conditions
1. The competition period is from Monday 26 August 2013 to Friday 20 September 2013 and participants may enter as many times as they like.
2. Competition closes at midday on Friday 20 September 2013.
3. Ten finalists will be drawn on 20 September 2013 in the presence of an independent auditor.
4. All finalists will be informed telephonically on 20 September 2013.
5. The Promoters will make all reasonable attempts to contact the finalists on the number that was used to enter the competition. If a finalist cannot be contacted within two (2) days from the date of the relevant draw, then the Promoters reserve the right to draw a new finalist.
6. If the Promoters are unable to reach any person or complete the verification process after drawing his/her entry for whatsoever reason, such person will be disqualified and the draw of a replacement entry shall take place in the same manner as the first draw.
7. Finalists must be present on 28 September 2013 at Vaal Racecourse to qualify for a prize.
8. Gates open at 11:00. Finalists must register at the Vaal Racecourse before 13:00 at The Citizen stand at the main entrance.
9. The prizes up for grabs are as follows:
· 1st prize: a VW Polo Vivo 1.4 valued at R130 000
· 2nd prize: two Big Boy Retro 150cc scooters valued at R25 000
· 3rd prize: a family weekend getaway for four at Emerald Resort & Casino valued at R12 500
· 4th to 10th prizes will be consolation prizes
· 4th prize: two-night weekend getaway for two (2) at the four-star Emerald Hotel valued at R3 630 with compliments of Emerald Cup and The Citizen
· 5th prize: two-night, midweek stay for two (2) at the three-star River Resort self-catering chalets valued at R2 560 with compliments of Emerald Cup and The Citizen
· 6th prize: two-night, midweek stay for two (2) at the three-star River Resort self-catering chalets valued at R 2 270 with compliments of Emerald Cup and The Citizen
· 7th prize: R500 Emerald African Spa voucher plus a R250 High Stakes Restaurant dining voucher. Prize valued at R750
· 8th prize: R500 High Stakes Restaurant dining voucher
· 9th prize: R400 Breeze Restaurant dining voucher
· 10th prize: R300 Emerald African Spa treatment voucher
10. To enter the competition, participants are required to send an SMS with the relevant competition keyword followed by their full name, date of birth and suburb of residence as per the competition adverts published in The Citizen during the competition period.
11. By entering the promotion/competition entrants agree to abide by the rules and conditions of the promotion/competition.
12. This promotion/competition is open to all residents of the Republic of South Africa, who are 18 years or older, except the employees, directors, members, partners, agents or consultants of The Citizen 1978 (Pty) Limited (“The Citizen”), Emerald Safari Resort (Pty) Ltd (“Emerald Resort & Casino”), their respective advertising and promotional agencies, media and PR agencies, as well as the immediate family members, consultants, directors and associates of such organisations and persons.
13. Cost per SMS is R1.50 (Free and bundled SMSs do not apply).
14. Errors will be billed.
15. Keywords are only valid until midnight each day.
16. All valid entries from each competition day will go into the draw.
17. The competition closes at midday on Friday 20 September 2013. No late entries will be accepted.
18. The finalists must hold a valid South African ID and must over the age of 18.
19. Prizes are not transferable, negotiable or redeemable for cash in any way whatsoever. Should a winner choose not to accept the prize he/she will forfeit the prize and a new winner will be drawn.
20. Getaway prizes are subject to availability, excluding public holidays, school holidays and long weekends.
21. Not The Citizen nor any of its sponsors, affiliates and agencies, nor their employees, accept any liability for any:
· Oversight, ambiguity, error or omission, whether negligent or otherwise, which any of its employees, agents, affiliates or sponsors may commit in the running of the competition and the awarding of the prizes, injuries, losses or damage sustained as a result of the use of the prize or participation in the competition
22. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
23. The names of the 10 finalists will be published on page 2 in The Citizen on Monday 23 September 2013.
24. Any expenses incurred by the winner, other than the items listed above will be for the winner’s own account.
25. Should you be drawn as a finalist of this competition you agree for your information and photo to be used for marketing purposes by The Citizen and Emerald Resort & Casino.
26. Should any dispute arise in relation to the interpretation of these competition rules, the Promoters’ decision shall be final and no correspondence shall be entered into
27. The participants’ details may be used for marketing purposes by The Citizen and/or their sponsors from the competition from which the details have been obtained.
28. Prizes not collected/claimed within 30 days of being notified, will be disposed of at The Citizen’s discretion.
29. The Citizen reserves the right to cancel a competition without any prior notice and at any time, if deemed necessary in its opinion, or if circumstances arise outside of its control and The Citizen, its directors, employees, agents, partners, sponsors or promoters will not be liable to entrants in such event for any cause or action whatsoever.
30. Any violation or attempt to violate any of the above rules will result in the immediate disqualification of the transgressor.
Main prizes draw procedure at The Emerald Cup on 28 September 2013 at Vaal Riverside Racecourse:
1. Registration for the draw will begin at 11:00 and end at 13:00 on 28 September 2013. Finalists will receive accreditation for the designated hospitality area upon registration.
2. No late registrations will be accepted.
3. Failing to register between the above-mentioned times and/or failing to produce a valid South African ID will result in your immediate disqualification from the draw. NO EXCEPTIONS WILL BE MADE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.
4. Upon registration each finalist will draw a number between 1 and 10 from the draw box; this will determine the order in which a finalist will draw for a prize in the main draw.
5. Finalists will need to be present at the main stage by 14:15 in preparation for the draw.
6. An independent auditor will be present at registration as well as at the main draw to ensure that the process is fair to all finalists.
7. The draw will take place at approximately 14:30 next to the main stage at the Vaal Racecourse (depending on race schedule).
8. In the order of the number drawn at registration, each finalist will select an envelope from a draw box, which will determine the prize won per individual.
9. Should a finalist not be present for the draw at the stage by 14:30 and their name and number are called, they will then automatically have to wait until the end of the draw to make their selection.
10. Should for any reason a finalist not present at registration, the lowest value prize will be removed from the draw.
11. Once the prize is revealed, the winner must produce valid South African ID for verification and will then be issued with the relevant prize letter.
12. Only finalists from Emerald Cup and The Citizen competition may partake in the draw and registration.
13. Any violation or attempt to violate any of the above rules will result in the immediate disqualification of the transgressor.