The full one-year personal development programme includes:
- Mobile app development
- Personal development
- Language skills
Boston City Campus has a mission to provide relevant quality education to all learners, with a vision of Education. For Life. We wish to be involved in the learner’s life for an extended period, meaning that we are not just studying partners, but also work-life partners. We work in national, sectoral as well as local contexts. In this, we believe that all students should be given an opportunity.
Our bursary programme has been running since the inception of the campus in 1991. It has always been our aim to graduate as many learners as possible and see them through to the workplace. The bursary programme has evolved over the years, starting in Finance with an aim to increase the number of black CA’s in South Africa.
We maintain contact with graduates of this programme, who are now found in employment in the IDC as well as at African Bank.
We have a committee that evaluates every request for a bursary. These requests are submitted via the branch managers through our new SAM system. Applications are submitted with all relevant documents including IDs, matric certificates and a letter of motivation.
Every submission is considered by the committee. An attempt is made to assist as many applicants as possible for the campus, bearing in mind extraneous financial responsibilities that will be placed on the learner such as transport, food etc. Of huge benefit to our bursary recipients is that they will not have to spend extra money on textbooks as all books are included in the learners’ fees/ bursary.
The committee manages and awards bursaries for both Boston City Campus as well as for Boston Media House, annually. Because our aim is to assist as many learners as possible, we assist with Boston tuition fees and textbooks, but we are not able to assist with external examination fees.
It has always been the belief of the campus that academic success is greatly increased when one matches a learner’s interest and talents to his/her career choice. It is for this reason that we allow bursary recipients to select their own career/path of studies.
ENTER NOW: This opportunity ends Monday, 31 January 2022 at midnight. *Competition will run online and in print.
By entering, you accept The Citizen’s standard terms and conditions and Boston City Campus’ standard terms and conditions. SMSs are charged at R1.50 each and errors will be billed. Free and bundle SMSs do not apply.
T&Cs apply. You agree to sign up to our free online daily newsletter and accept The Citizen’s standard terms and conditions and the competition rules as published on www.citizen.co.za. *Premium subscribers will not automatically be entered for this competition due to the nature of the competition.
Boston High School terms and conditions for bursaries
The bursary is awarded to the beneficiary acknowledging and agreeing to the following terms:
- The bursary is not transferable to any third party
- This bursary award is only redeemable at a Boston High School
- The bursary may not be redeemed for cash
- Third party external fees, travel costs and stationery expenses are not covered by the bursary
- Should you select an offering that has fees higher than the value of the bursary, the balance of fees remain for your account.
- The bursary cannot be used towards existing outstanding fees at Boston High School
- The bursary will only be activated on producing a copy of this bursary award letter and an ID document/driver’s licence at time of registration
- In the event of poor academic performance, the cost of repeating a maximum of 2 modules per semester for each year will be covered under this bursary, further repeat of module/s will be for the Student to pay
- The beneficiary of this bursary will forfeit the award if found to be in any contravention of the rules and regulations of the institution contained in the Boston High School registration contract’s terms and conditions and the annual Student Rulebook
- Registration and activation of the bursary must be completed no later than 2022-10-31
- The beneficiary of this scholarship will forfeit the award if found to be in any contravention of the rules and regulations of the institution contained in the registration contract’s terms and conditions and the annual student rulebook
ENTER NOW complete the form below: