The search has begun for the young woman who will follow in the footsteps of the current Miss South Africa, Ntandoyenkosi Kunene, and become one of South Africa’s most prominent ambassadors. Entries are now open for the 2017 Miss South Africa Pageant and close on August 27 this year.
The Miss South Africa pageant will be held in March 2017 when current incumbent Ntandoyenkosi Kunene will hand over her crown to her successor. Miss South Africa 2017 will have the opportunity to represent her country and compete in both the Miss World and Miss Universe pageants.
“I am only a quarter into my reign and already the title has changed my life. I have met South Africans from all walks of life and I am looking forward to competing on the international arena at the end of the year. I would encourage young women to enter the competition. You grow as a person and it gives you opportunities beyond your wildest dreams,” says Kunene
Cell C will continue as a partner for the Miss South Africa pageant, along with licence holders Sun International, as the search for Miss South Africa 2017 gets under way. “Every year we are introduced to inspiring, intelligent and compassionate young women from around the country. This year we look forward to finding another powerful ambassador for the Miss South Africa brand and are delighted that Cell C is once again on board,” explains Claudia Henkel, PR manager at Sun International.
Executive commercial communications for Cell C, Suzette van der Merwe, says: “The Miss South Africa brand aligns well with Cell C’s ongoing strategy to empower women. Sun International and Cell C are determined to help make a significant change in the lives of young women in this country and show them that anything is possible through dedication, hard work and passion.”
Those who think they have what it takes can register online on the Miss South Africa website: www.suninternational.com/MissSA
All entrants that have registered online must attend regional judging at one of the following venues. Registration is from 07h00:
- July 16: Durban – Sibaya Casino and Entertainment Kingdom
- July 23: Brakpan – Carnival City Casino and Hotel
- July 30: Cape Town – Grand West Casino and Entertainment World
- August 6: Port Elizabeth – The Boardwalk Casino and Entertainment World
- August 13: Polokwane – Meropa Casino and Entertainment World
- August 20: Bloemfontein – Windmill Casino
- August 27: Johannesburg – The Maslow Hotel
Documentation, to accompany each entrant at the regional judging, includes:
- A copy of the entrant’s birth certificate, ID book or passport.
- Two recent A4 colour photographs (One head and shoulders, one full length) dressed appropriately. Please note that these photographs will not be returned.
- A copy of the entrant’s matric certificate.
- Only one entry form per contestant can be submitted.
All Miss SA applicants must:
- Be at least 18 years old and not older than 27 years in February 2017.
- Be a South African citizen and in possession of a valid South African ID document or passport.
- Be in possession of a matric certificate or equivalent qualification.
- Not be married and never have had a marriage annulled.
- Not be engaged.
- Never been pregnant, never have given birth and not be pregnant.
- Not have any visible tattoos.
- Have no criminal record.