Burn the Floor, the world’s most prolific ballroom and dance theatre production, returns for a much-anticipated tour of South Africa later this year.
The production is expected to dazzle audiences with its great dance moves and sizzling ballroom displays on stage.
1. Burn the Floor is a global production that has revolutionised the image of ballroom dance across the world. It comes to South Africa for the fourth time in August and September in what has been dubbed Burn the Floor – The Rebel Tour.
With the reputation of being the world’s toughest dance show, its international cast of dance champions are handpicked for their rebellious spirit and pure skill.
2. Burn the Floor – The Rebel Tour, also known as The Rebels of Ballroom, sees an international dancing cast showing off their sexy dance skills on stage. The cast includes South African Latin champion Kylee Brown.
South African fans will also witness the sweet vocals of sultry songstress Lelo Ramasimong, who is currently a finalist in local music reality TV show The Voice SA, throughout the tour.
Choreographed and directed by Peta Roby, Burn the Floor – The Rebel Tour has more surprises in store and promises to blow the roof off the theatre, including music from Rag and Boneman, James Brown, Aretha Franklin, Santana, Janis Joplin, and Led Zeppelin.
3. Burn the Floor – The Rebel Tour is brought to South Africa by Dance Partner Productions. It kicks off at the Baxter Theatre in Cape Town from August 8 to 17.
• Johannesburg and Durban fans are in for a treat too. Burn the Floor – The Rebel Tour runs from August 22 until September 8 at the Theatre of Marcellus, Emperors Palace in Johannesburg, before closing out at Sibaya Casino and Entertainment Kingdom in Durban, KwaZulu-Natal, from September 12-29.
• Tickets for the Johannesburg and Durban leg of the South African tour can be bought through Computicket. They are priced at R280 to R520 for Johannesburg and R285 each for Durban.