As South Africans grapple with getting used to the different regulations that the various lockdown levels come with, Minister of Police Bheki Cele has hinted at the fact that the government is looking into moving the countdown onto a level 3 lockdown.
This is what level 3 could mean for parents:
- More workplaces will be allowed to open up so you could have fewer people in the house every day. The workplace will, however, be asked to adhere to strict coronavirus prevention practices.
- So if you’re a parent working in vehicle manufacturing, construction, clothing, real estate, and gardening, your sector will be able to operate.
- You’ll be able to buy a new toaster for the family – Sale of electrical appliances will be allowed.
- You could finally get your garden done as level 3 will enable gardening and swimming pool services to operate.
- Restaurants will only be able to deliver orders.
- Level 3 could see you having a much needed glass of wine as the sale of liquor may be permitted with restrictions
- Exercise times might be amended
Source:www.vukuzenzele.gov.za and https://sacoronavirus.co.za/covid-19-risk-adjusted-strategy