375ml (1½ cups) fresh cream
150g (¾ cup) sugar
30g (2 tbsp) butter
45ml (3 tbsp) smooth apricot jam
5ml (1 tsp) bicarbonate of soda
125ml (½ cup) milk
120g (1 cup) cake flour
20ml (4 tsp) white spirit vinegar
Vanilla bean ice cream, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. For the sauce, mix ingredients in a pot over medium heat. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and stir for two minutes.
3. For the batter, cream together the butter and sugar until pale and creamy. Add egg and beat until light and fluffy. Beat in the jam.
4. Dissolve bicarbonate of soda in the milk.
5. Sift the flour, cocoa and salt in a separate bowl. Add to the egg mixture, alternating with the milk.
6. Add the vinegar and mix well.
7. Pour the mixture into four greased 250ml individual ramekins or a 2-litre ovenproof dish with a lid. Pour over half of the sauce, cover and bake, about 30 minutes.
Brought to you by Food and Home