2kg leg of lamb
6 garlic cloves, peeled and slightly crushed
1 onion, peeled and cut into 8 wedges
Olive oil, to drizzle
75ml pomegranate molasses
60ml (¼ cup) garam masala spice blend
Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
125ml (½ cup) lamb/beef stock
125ml (½ cup) red wine
Large handful fresh rosemary sprigs
Handful fresh thyme sprigs
Handful pomegranate rubies, to garnish
Chargrilled naan/flatbreads, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 160°C. Place the lamb in a large, deep roasting tray and slash the skin a few times with a sharp knife.
2. Scatter the garlic cloves and onion wedges around the lamb. Drizzle the lamb with olive oil, then pour the pomegranate molasses over it. Rub the spice blend all over the lamb and season well to taste.
3. Add the stock and wine to the roasting dish, and scatter some of the herbs over the lamb and some around it, reserving a few rosemary sprigs for garnish.
4. Cover the roasting tray with foil and roast in the oven, 4 hours. Remove the foil after 4 hours and continue to roast until the lamb falls off the bone, about 2 hours.
5. Sprinkle the lamb with the reserved rosemary sprigs and scatter with pomegranate rubies. Serve the lamb warm with chargrilled naan or flatbreads. Happy Easter!
Brought to you by Food and Home