180g good quality dark chocolate
200g butter, softened
100g castor sugar
4 extra large eggs
4 extra large yolks
50g cake flour
130g peanut butter
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Grease and line the base of 8 ramekins and place on a baking sheet.
2. Place the chocolate in a glass bowl and melt over a double boiler. Cream the butter and sugar until thickened, pale and fluffy.
3. Add the eggs and egg yolks one at a time, whisking continuously after each addition.
4. Slowly add the melted chocolate and mix well.
5. Sift the flour and fold into the chocolate mixture. Half-fill the ramekins, spoon 15ml (1 tbsp) of peanut butter in the centre and cover with the remaining chocolate mixture. Make sure the ramekins are only three-quarters full.
6. Bake until well risen, 12 – 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and rest for 2 minutes. Loosen the edges, turn out onto a plate immediately and serve.
Brought to you by Food and Home