3 avocados, peeled and stones removed
Juice of 1 small lemon
15ml (1 tbsp) creamed horseradish
5ml (1 tsp) wholegrain mustard
125ml (½ cup) sour cream
Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
250g streaky bacon
150g cauliflower florets, washed
30ml (2 tbsp) fresh chives, chopped
Watercress, to garnish (optional)
Small cauliflower florets, to garnish
Sourdough or Melba toast, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to grill.
2. For the mousse, blitz everything together in a blender until smooth. Season to taste. Divide the mixture among 6 small serving glasses and leave in the fridge to set.
3. For the crumbs, place the bacon on a lined baking tray and grill until golden and crisp, 10 – 15 minutes. Place the raw cauliflower in a food processor and process until it resembles coarse breadcrumbs. Heat a dry pan over high heat, add the cauliflower crumbs and toast until golden and crisp, about 5 – 7 minutes. Keep a close eye on them to
4. Place the crispy bacon in the food processer and blend until it resembles coarse breadcrumbs. Add to the pan with the cauliflower, stir to combine and cook, 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the chopped chives.
5. Remove the mousse from the fridge, spoon some of the crumbs on top and garnish with watercress and cauliflower. Serve with the toast on the side.