This delectable coffee cheesecake has a yummy cookie base, a delicious and creamy soft coffee filling, and does not require the hassle of being baked or cooked.
Serve each slice of this amazing no-bake coffee cheesecake with a scoop or two of your favourite ice cream.
No-bake coffee cheesecake
For the cookie base
- 1¾ cups chocolate cookie wafer crumbs
- ¼ cup butter. melted
- 2 tablespoons cold strong coffee
For the coffee cream cheese filling
- 410g whole fat cream cheese
- ¾ cup powdered/icing sugar
- ¼ cup strong strong coffee
- 1½ cups cream whole/heavy/whipping
For the extras
- 2½ tablespoons milk
- 1¼ tablespoons powdered gelatin
- Mix the chocolate cookie crumbs, melted butter, and coffee until combined, then press down on the bottom of a 17 – 20 cm springform cake pan (or line a regular cake pan with plastic wrap). Place in refrigerator to chill.
- In a medium bowl beat together the cream cheese, sugar and coffee until creamy. Set aside.
- In a large bowl beat the cold cream until stiff peaks appear, set aside.
- In a small pot add the milk and sprinkle the gelatin on top, let stand one minute, then place the pot on low heat and heat just until the gelatin has dissolved, stirring often (1-2 minutes), do not boil, then immediately remove from heat and add a heaping tablespoon of the cream cheese mixture to the gelatin mixture (this cools it down) and stir gently to combine, then fold the gelatin mixture into remaining cream cheese mixture.
- Gently fold the cream cheese mixture into the whipped cream until combined.
- Remove the cookie base from the fridge, spoon the cheesecake filling evenly on top of the base, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 4-5 hours or even better overnight. Before serving sprinkle with chocolate shavings or cocoa. Enjoy!
This recipe was found on anitalianinmykitchen.com