The good news is that some studies show CBD is helpful for those who suffer from the misery of insomnia, and may help with both falling asleep, and staying asleep.¹
Insomnia is an experience of inadequate or poor-quality sleep characterised by one or more of the following2:
- Difficulty falling asleep
- Difficulty maintaining sleep
- Waking up too early in the morning
- Non-refreshing sleep
About 30 to 40% of adults indicate some level of insomnia within any given year, and about 10 to 15% indicate that the insomnia is chronic or severe. The prevalence of insomnia increases with age and is more common in women.2
Over the past years, several lines of evidence support a therapeutic potential of Cannabis derivatives, and in particular phytocannabinoids.3
Insomnia and chronic stress may go hand-in-hand. That’s because constantly worrying can keep your mind active at night, making it difficult to sleep.⁴
Coping with the impact of chronic stress can be challenging. Because the source of long-term stress is more constant than acute stress, the body never receives a clear signal to return to normal functioning. With chronic stress, those same life-saving reactions in the body can disturb sleep.5
Over time, continued strain on your body from stress may contribute to serious health problems, such as heart disease, high blood pressure, diabetes, and other illnesses, including depression.5
Introducing ADCO CBD
This ground-breaking research into the different forms of CBD led pharmaceutical company, Adcock Ingram, to launch the ADCO CBD range of products. The range comprises ADCO CBD STRESS 6, available in drops, and capsule form. ADCO CBD DAILY7 products, available in drops, edible pastille9, and capsule form. The ADCO CBD PAIN 8 products are produced in drops, capsules, and a gel form.
The ADCO CBD DAILY 10 edible pastilles come in pre-dosed bites, various colours, and an assortment of delectable lemon-lime, mango, raspberry, and strawberry flavours.9
Trusted, reliable, reputable ADCO CBD products are available from the ADCO CBD online store – and selected Clicks and Dis-Chem stores, as well as selected independent pharmacies.
- Peter Grinspoon: Cannabidiol (CBD) — what we know and what we don’t. POSTED AUGUST 24, 2018, 6:30 AM , UPDATED APRIL 15, 2020, 12:00 AM ( https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/cannabidiol-cbd-what-we-know-and-what-we-dont-2018082414476)
- South African Society of Sleep Medicine (SASSM), Sleep Disorders: Insomnia, https://www.sassm.org/sleep-disorders/insomnia.htm
- Pisanti S, Malfitano AM, Ciaglia E, et al. Cannabidiol: State of the art and new challenges for therapeutic applications. Pharmacol Ther 2017;175:133-150.
- Stress and Insomnia. Updated 17 September 2020. https://www.sleepfoundation.org/insomnia/stress-and-insomnia
- 5 things you should know about stress. National Institute of Mental Health, Publication No. 19-MH-8109. [cited 2020 Feb 10]; Available at: https://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/publications/stress/19-mh-8109-5-things-stress_142898.pdf.
- ADCO CBD Stress. Professional information. 25 November 2019.
- ADCO CBD Daily. Professional information. 25 May 2020.
- ADCO CBD Pain. Professional information. 25 November 2019
- ADCO CBD Daily 10 (Chewable Pastille). Professional Information. 13 May 2020.