Masoyi murders: Postponement leaves Numbi families disappointed

Four bodies of human remains were exhumed from Thabiso Julius Mndawe’s home on July 14.

The families of Masoyi murder victims were disappointed when the murder case against Julius Mndawe was postponed to January 10, 2020, Mpumalanga News reports.

“Does this mean we have to spend another Christmas not having buried our loved ones? If the law can only help us to get the remains of our loved ones, we will be relieved,” said Erick Mona, who is still waiting to receive the remains of his niece, Noxolo Mdluli.

“I just felt like a loser. I felt like I failed to protect her, yet she trusted me so much as her uncle. I sometimes woke up in the middle of the night, very angry wishing to just shoot the suspect,” he said.

Mona revealed how the incident has drained them physically and emotionally.

“I don’t even have a chair in my house, because I had to borrow my sister’s chairs and kitchen equipment,” he said.

He added that neighbours and church members had been supporting his sister since the recovery of the remains in July.

“In our tradition, we prepare refreshments for mourners all this period. It has left us penniless,” he said.

Nester Sibiya, who is Banele Khoza Mdluli’s aunt, revealed that even though they received the remains of Khoza, the whole experience traumatised them a lot.

“Imagine receiving her remains in a transparent plastic bag. That was very traumatic and we never received any counselling from anyone,” she said.

Four bodies of human remains were exhumed from Thabiso Julius Mndawe’s home on July 14.

The bodies were exhumed from his yard in Masoyi. “He pointed out all the areas where he killed, raped and concealed the bodies of the victims. He must have known them, as he named each one.”

This happened after Mndawe was arrested for the alleged murder of Tokkie Tlaka from Mgcobaneni.

Her body was exhumed on July 3 after Mndawe allegedly confessed to her murder following the police tracing Tlaka’s cellphone.

Masoyi police said Mndawe also confessed to the murder of the four other women and pointed police to the victim’s shallow graves at his home.

Read original story on mpumalanganews.co.za

At Caxton, we employ humans to generate daily fresh news, not AI intervention. Happy reading!

Support local journalism

Add The Citizen as a preferred source to see more from Network News in Google News and Top Stories.

Back to top button