“We have not yet received the findings, but they’ve confirmed that they’re done with it and they’re just finalising it now,” said Zandberg’s lawyer, Karen van Eck.
“Gerhard is calm and waiting patiently for the outcome.”
The backstroke star was suspended after sharing a room with his girlfriend at the Fina World Championships in Barcelona in August, and while his lawyers had expected the appeal findings last week, the process was delayed.
Van Eck said SSA had missed an extended date to release the report on Saturday, and her client’s career was being hampered.
“He was planning to compete in the World Cup series, including the event in Moscow last week, but he could not.
“A competitive athlete has only a few years to make their mark, so the sanction is affecting him.”
The 30-year-old Zandberg, above, a Commonwealth Games relay gold medallist and multiple world championships medallist, faced a hearing just hours before the men’s 50m backstroke semifinals at this year’s global showpiece. He slipped on the wall and did not progress to the final.
Already under fire from SSA for criticising the federation on a social network, he was handed multiple sanctions and a fine.