According to police spokesperson, Lieutenant-Colonel Moatshe Ngoepe, 1 098 suspects were arrested by police during a multidisciplinary and intelligence-driven operation.
Operation Fiela II was conducted in ‘crime-infested’ areas in Limpopo until this morning, April 23, Bosveld Review reports.
“Operation Fiela II was executed through various sub operations including Bontsha Mohlala, Uya Pamwe, Vala Madi as well as roadblocks, stop and searches, patrols, tracing of wanted suspects, raiding of illegal businesses and inspections of firearm dealers,” he explained.
In Tzaneen, 188 suspects between the ages of 21 and 40 years old were arrested for various offenses and the following achievements were made:
– One shebeen was closed, and the following items were recovered: one 500-metre Eskom electricity cable; 26, three legged pots; nine 660 ml cases of Castle Lite; five 750 ml cases of Hansa; four 660 ml cases of Reds Dry; 27 750 ml cases of Black Label; six, 750 ml cases of Castle Milk Stout; two, 750ml quarts; seven 750 ml cases of Castle Larger; five 750 ml quarts; 29 boxes of shadocks; 10 bags of oranges; one 50kg shadocks and three boxes of avocados.
– Two farm compounds, two homes and 18 people were searched and nine vehicles were tested.
During border policing operations at the Beitbridge Border post, 67 undocumented foreigners were arrested.
In Mahwelereng, 23 suspects between the ages of 21 and 47 years old were arrested for various offences and the following successes were achieved:
– Three illegal firearms as well as rock and nyaope drugs were recovered, 10 undocumented immigrants were arrested, nine documented violations of the Road traffic Act, 15 goats, three sheep and a Toyota single cab were recovered.
In Thohoyandou, 232 suspects between the ages of 23 and 49-years-old were arrested for various offenses, including dealing in drugs. 80 sachets of nyaope and cash amounting to R6 660 was recovered.
In Polokwane, Mankweng, Bela-Bela, Sebayeng, Modimolle, Orighstad, Northam and Thabazimbi, 30 suspects between the ages of 20 to 46-years-old were arrested for possession of suspected stolen properties, possession of unlicensed firearms and dealing and possession of drugs and dagga.
The following items were seized:
– Pellet firearm resembling real firearm.
– 28 laptops.
– 22 sachets of CAT.
– Cash amount of R4 750
– 2.63kg of dagga, as well as seven bags.
– One .38 firearm, 9mm pistol toy gun and groceries.
– A VW Pasat
In Burgersfort, four suspects between the ages of 23 and 37-years-old were arrested for possession of unlicensed firearm and contravention of the Firearm Control Act.
During the arrest, the following items were confiscated:
– Three rifles with three magazines.
– One Pump gun.
– Two 9mm Pistol with one magazine.
– Seven paint ball air rifles.
– 12 mandrax tablets.
– Two laptops.
In Groblersdal, Gravelote, Apel, Botlokwa, Dennilton, Vuwani, Zebediela, Lebowakgomo, Makhado and Giyani, 458 suspects between the ages of 19 and 52-years-old were arrested for various offenses ranging from rape, murder, business burglary, common robberies to possession of suspected stolen properties and drugs.
“The arrested suspects have started appearing before different Magistrates Courts throughout the province,” he concluded.