• The Last Musketeer will be performing at Collegians from 7 pm. Inquiries: 082 761 5249.
• Cliffy’s hosts open mic with the Plagiarists. Take an instrument and showcase yourself. Inquiries: 033 396 6710.
• The Bifocals will be performing a sixties and seventies year-end function at Notties in Nottingham Road. Tickets are R125 per person, which includes dinner. Phone 033 266 6151 to book.
• Mountain View country pub invites you to enjoy live music with Jammo after the Springbok vs Wales rugby match.
• At Bierfassl, Nottingham Road, the Last Musketeer will provide music. Inquiries: 033 266 6320.
• The George Mari Band plays Jazz at Ballito’s Caledon Boutique Hotel on Sundays at 12 pm to 3 pm. Inquiries: 083 259 6166.
• Join the band Too Close every Sunday afternoon at Zacks restaurant, located in Windermere Centre (Windermere Road, Durban) for an afternoon of cool jazz and smooth jams. The afternoon starts at 3.30 pm and runs until late. Entry is free. Phone 031 312 0755 for more info.
• All-day fun and activities at Mountain View country pub, including live music through the day with Jammo and friends.
• UKZN jazz students will present their final recitals at the Centre for Jazz and Popular Music at 5.30 pm. Entrance is free. Students who will be performing are Jonathan Judge (saxophone), David Langley (piano), Siza Madlala (piano), Genius Sibeko (piano) and Zoe Masuku (voice).
• Maritzburg Musicians Club features Nick Pharazyn as well as local group Sea Level. Entrance is R20 and takes place at the Red Door at 8 pm.
• Yossi’s Café has re-introduced jazz for emerging talent, with the UC Jazz Ensemble — a funky jazz band under the baton of trombonist/drummer Xolani Hlongwa. Jazzy Wednesday nights take place from 6 pm to 10 pm and also Sunday Lunch Jazz from 1 pm to 5 pm at 127 Davenport Road, Glenwood. Inquiries: Cara Robinson at 031 201 0090.
• The Kick ‘n Whistle hosts karaoke tonight with Jen and Gary. Inquiries: 033 342 3528.
• Karaoke with Jen and Gary at Firkin every Thursday from 7.30 pm. No charge. Inquiries: 033 342 9658.
• November 19: Shannon Hope will be performing at Mohemian Lounge at Umhlanga Plaza, Lagoon Drive, Umhlanga Rocks at 7 pm for 8.30 pm.
• November 27: Coastal Clash takes place at Cliffy’s Country Pub from 6 pm, featuring Systraat serenade, Counsel and Force, Forthlock and Catlike thieves at 6 pm. Entry is R40. Inquiries: 071 399 4154.
• To submit or change information, e-mail ryanc@wit ness.co.za before noon on Wednesday.