MunicipalNews

Van Riebeeck Park water woes continue with 4th pipe burst

One suggested the water should have been captured and taken to the Free State

Residents of Van Riebeeck Park are again without water today as the water pipe on Platberg Street burst for a fourth time last night.

The latest burst happened about 50m from where the pipe had been repaired on Wednesday, Clr Jaco Terblanche said on Thursday morning.

The same areas are again without water. Terblanche said the metro hoped to have the pipe fixed by 3pm today.

Water tankers have been made available by the metro and will move around in the suburb and at schools.

On Wednesday residents expressed their dismay with the situation. Fire hydrants on Soutpansberg Drive had to be opened to empty the pipeline for repairs. This upset many as so much water was wasted during the current drought in South Africa.

One suggested the water should have been captured and taken to the Free State.

 

At Caxton, every story is written by humans. We use AI only to perform quality checks - never to generate the news. Happy reading!

Support local journalism

Add The Citizen as a preferred source to see more from Kempton Express in Google News and Top Stories.

Back to top button