While a metro employee is still fighting for his life, the municipality has launched an investigation into the accident in which two of his colleagues had been killed.
Themba Gadebe, metro spokesman, said the man was still under sedation in ICU.
Two refuse removal workers were killed when the refuse removal truck they were travelling in, overturned on Soutpansberg Drive in Van Riebeeck Park on Saturday afternoon. Gadebe said the vehicle was on its way back to the depot from an operational site when the accident occurred.
“Investigations are currently underway to determine the cause of the accident in efforts to prevent future occurrences,” he added.
