A resident of Ext 7, Ms Edith Lushaba, is at her wits end after a trench was dug outside her yard, preventing movement to the street.
According to Ms Lushaba, the work began last year and the hole is about 91m in length and past knee-high in depth.
When it began to rain, it overflowed and water ran inside the house.
Ms Lushaba said she talked to a contractor about the problem.
“My furniture is damaged,” she also said.
The Standerton Advertiser tried to establish who is digging the hole and to what purposes.
After a call to the manager, the newspaper was referred to a woman in a managerial capacity, who said she can not comment.
“It is news to my ears,” she also said.
She also declined to say who the contractor is. The newspaper sent a WhatsApp-message to the communications manager of the Lekwa Municipality, Ms Thobeka Mtshiselwa, on Thursday, 21 January, to shed some light on the situation.
Readers will be updated once information becomes available.



