ONE suspect has appeared in Kempton Park Magistrate’s Court on Tuesday in connection with a business robbery at a company on Simba Road in Sebenza. The robbery took place on Sunday night.
Seven suspects are still at large. “We expect to make more arrests as the investigations are still underway,” said spokesperson for Sebenza SAPS Sgt Sharon Tsotsotso.
Tsotsotso said the police and security companies were alerted by the security guard of the company who had been tied up by the robbers. She said this happened when the robbers went back a second time to load more stolen goods.
“Two security guards from the company were tied up by the robbers. When the robbers went away the first time to off-load the goods, one of the security guards somehow managed to untie himself and managed to press the panic button,” Tsotsoto said.
She said the security company responded to the call and called the police. “When the suspects realised that the police were closing in, they ran towards Kelvin Power Station. During a chase police managed to capture one suspect,” said Tsotsotso.
