communityCrimeNewsUpdate

Brazo granted R 3 000 bail

Brazo was granted R 3 000 bail at the Dundee Magistrate's Court.

Sibongiseni Brian Mpanza ( Brazo) has been granted R 3000 bail by the Dundee Magistrate’s Court. Brazo was arrested and charged for the murder of Mozambican national, Filipe Pateguana, on July 29.

The victim was allegedly shot in his home in Lindelani and his house keys were said to be found in Brazo’s possession.

Brazo now faces his fourth conviction after he was previously convicted of drug dealing in 2004 that earned him 18 months of imprisonment. He also was previously convicted of driving without a license twice in 2013.

The state did not oppose bail on the grounds that the witnesses are unknown to him and he is not at flight risk. He told the court he is not in possession of a passport. He is set to appear in court on September 5 for  trial.

At Caxton, every story is written by humans. We use AI only to perform quality checks - never to generate the news. Happy reading!

Support local journalism

Add The Citizen as a preferred source to see more from Northern Natal News in Google News and Top Stories.

Related Articles

Back to top button