CrimeLocal newsNews

‘Reign of terror’ armed robbers back in court

The pairs reign of terror was brought to an end when a victim spotted them and mobilised other community members and the CPF to intercept the vehicle.

The two men facing charges in connection with an armed robbery on June 2, were due back in the Pretoria North magistrate’s court on Tuesday.

Akasia police spokesperson Constable Lindiwe Mdluli said the pair were returning to court for a bail application.

Photo: Supplied

“They made their first court appearance last week,” she said.

The two men were arrested on July 25 after one of their victims spotted the Renault Clio they were travelling in, in the Chantelle area.

“The person managed to mobilise members of the community and the local CPF to intercept the vehicle as they attempted to escape,” Mdluli said.

Their vehicle was also said to have been linked to two other armed robberies.

Last week, Mdluli said they were calling on community members and victims to come forward if they had been victims.

Photo: Supplied

The duo’s reign of terror in the neighbouring suburbs of Chantelle and The Orchards began earlier this year with them robbing unsuspecting pedestrians of their valuables.

A handful of community members and patrollers have since spoken to Rekord to express their delight and relief in their arrests.

Do you have more information about the story?

Please send us an email to editorial@rekord.co.za or phone us on 083 625 4114.

For free breaking and community news, visit Rekord’s websites: Rekord East

For more news and interesting articles, like Rekord on Facebook, follow us on Twitter or Instagram

At Caxton, every story is written by humans. We use AI only to perform quality checks - never to generate the news. Happy reading!

Support local journalism

Add The Citizen as a preferred source to see more from Rekord in Google News and Top Stories.

Back to top button