Erasmia shooting victim dies in hospital
The man died after he was viciously attacked earlier this month in and outside his vehicle by three men driving in a white BMW 1 Series.

A businessman who was shot by three armed men in an attack captured on a dramatic video in Erasmia, has passed away.
Police confirmed he lost his life on Thursday. The shooting happened on August 9 (Women’s Day), where Kalik Gani (33) was viciously attacked in and outside his vehicle by three men driving in a white BMW 1 Series.
Following the shooting, security footage went viral on social media showing shots being fired at Gani in his vehicle. In the video, his car could be seen veering off the road, while three people jumped out of the other vehicle and attacked the victim’s car with rocks.
Shortly after the incident was reported to the police, one suspect was arrested and a firearm, believed to have been used in the shooting incident was recovered, said Erasmia police spokesperson Tumisang Moloto earlier.
On Friday morning, Moloto confirmed to Rekord that Gani had passed away in hospital.
“A case of attempted murder has been overturned to murder. The suspect appeared in court on Friday, where he was released on bail. He will appear in court on September 6” he said.
Gani was believed to be a businessman who had previously survived a shooting in Boksburg.
The motive behind his killing was still unknown.
ALSO READ: Erasmia shooting victim still in hospital
Video: Shooting Erasmia Pretoria. The gunman was arrested in JHB. The victim is in a critical condition. pic.twitter.com/E971QEG4QZ
— Yusuf Abramjee (@Abramjee) August 9, 2021
Do you have more information about the story?
Please send us an email to editorial@rekord.co.za or phone us on 083 625 4114.
For free breaking and community news, visit Rekord’s websites: Rekord East
For more news and interesting articles, like Rekord on Facebook, follow us on Twitter or Instagram
