CrimeLocal newsNews

Second suspect linked to Erasmia shooting arrested

Kalik Gani (33) was shot and killed by three armed men in an attack captured on a dramatic video in Erasmia last month.

A second suspect linked to the shooting and killing of an Erasmia businessman was recently arrested.

The 19-year-old suspect appeared before the Atteridgeville magistrate’s court on Monday, where he was released on bail, said police spokesperson Captain Mavela Masondo.

“He was arrested on Saturday and appeared on murder charges,” he said.

ALSO READ: Erasmia shooting victim dies in hospital

Kalik Gani (33) was shot by three armed men in an attack captured on a dramatic video in Erasmia last month.

In the video, his car could be seen veering off the road, while three people jumped out of the other vehicle and attacked the victim’s car with rocks.

Shortly after the incident was reported to the police, one suspect was arrested and a firearm, believed to have been used in the shooting incident was recovered, said Erasmia police spokesperson Tumisang Moloto earlier.

The third suspect is still on the run, Masondo said.

Gani was shot and wounded earlier last month and spent two weeks in hospital before losing his life.

Do you have more information about the story?

Please send us an email to editorial@rekord.co.za or phone us on 083 625 4114.

For free breaking and community news, visit Rekord’s websites: Rekord East

For more news and interesting articles, like Rekord on Facebook, follow us on Twitter or Instagram

At Caxton, every story is written by humans. We use AI only to perform quality checks - never to generate the news. Happy reading!

Support local journalism

Add The Citizen as a preferred source to see more from Rekord in Google News and Top Stories.

Check Also
Close
Back to top button