‘KZN abuzz with sporting action’
The deserving athletes which were selected in Msunduzi on Friday, last week.
Over 600 young talented athletes between the ages of 14 to 20 years from different secondary schools and athletics clubs across KwaZulu-Natal (KZN) competed in the provincial athletics eliminations for both track and field events.
The deserving athletes who were selected in Msunduzi last Friday will represent the province at the National Secondary Schools’ Championships in Gauteng from Thursday, March 16 to 19.
Meanwhile, the KwaZulu-Natal Department of Sports, Arts and Culture said the province has been abuzz with major sporting action since last week.
“The KZN Netball Challenge tournament is well underway at Victoria Mxenge Indoor Sports Centre in Umlazi as part preparation for the Telkom Netball League, as well as promoting the forthcoming Netball World Cup in July. The tournament, which is the first of its kind in the country as confirmed by SA Netball President, Cecilia Molokwane, and it features two professional teams each from KZN and the Free State. Eastern Cape pulled out at the 11th hour,” said the department.
HAVE YOUR SAY
Like the South Coast Fever’s Facebook page


