MunicipalNews

Water restrictions in Gauteng to be lifted on Friday

The water system currently stands at 80 per cent

WATER restrictions in Gauteng will be lifted on Friday when it is officially published in the Government Gazette.

Sputnik Ratau, spokesman for the Department of Water and Sanitation, made the announcement on Wednesday.

This means metros will not fine residents for higher water usage or implement higher tariffs.

Rand Water will also lift the 15 per cent water savings required every month since October.

The water system currently stands at 80 per cent. At the time of introducing the restrictions, Ratau said water restrictions would be lifted once the system reached 75 per cent.

Mlimandlela Ndamase, spokesman for Nomvula Mokonyane, Minister of Water Affairs and Sanitation, said South African dams were currently 73,9 per cent full, compared to 53.6 per cent last year.

At Caxton, every story is written by humans. We use AI only to perform quality checks - never to generate the news. Happy reading!

Support local journalism

Add The Citizen as a preferred source to see more from Kempton Express in Google News and Top Stories.

Back to top button