Teen girl missing since September found safe
An 18-year-old girl who was missing for two months has been found safe.
The Thembisan can confirm that 18-year-old Nokuthula Andiswa Ngwenya, who was missing since September last year was recently found safe in a children’s home in Ladysmith, KwaZulu-Natal.
The Thembisan’s sister newspaper, Kempton Express, previously reported that Ngwenya was last seen on September 8 at about 12.40pm after leaving home without telling anyone.
She left her home at Clivia Gardens in Clayville and was last seen by her cousin and other children in the area. Her aunt, Samke Nkabinde, said she received a phone call from the children’s home and was informed that Nokuthula was safe.
ALSO READ: Young writer encourages reading aloud
“We were overjoyed. We are grateful that we found her alive and well. There were no obvious signs of any harm.” She is still under the social worker’s care who is helping her get back on her feet.
“A kidnapping case was opened as the social workers confirmed that she was brought by the police who saw her walking in town at night, stranded.”
Det Kwennite previously stated a missing person’s case was moved from Olifantsfontein to Thembisa SAPS.
Kwennite said the teen is yet to make a statement regarding her disappearance.
“I will travel to KZN soon to get a statement from the teen to share what happened and assist us with the investigation,” said Kwennite.
Also follow us on:




