CrimeNews

Murder suspect arrested

Police arrests murder suspect in Kagiso after he had been in hiding for more than a year.

Police tracked down a suspect linked to a murder case in 2013.

The 28-year-old suspect, who is linked to a murder that took place in August 2013, was apprehended by the Kagiso Police on 5 March.

“On 24 August 2013 at about 8:30pm police received a complaint of a stabbing at Zulu Jump and that members of the community were likely to kill the suspect as they were searching for him,” said Kagiso Police spokesperson Solomon Sibiya.

Police immediately rushed to the scene where they found a crowd gathered around a man on the floor.

The officers on scene noticed that the victim had a stab wound to his stomach.

“Witnesses told the police that a fight had broken out between the victim and the suspect but the motive was not known. The victim was stabbed in the stomach with an unknown sharp object.”

He was rushed to a nearby hospital but passed away on arrival.

“The suspect went into hiding for more than a year until yesterday when the police got a tip-off about his whereabouts.”

Police responded swiftly to the tip-off and pounced on the suspect in Zulu Jump. The suspect is being detained at the Kagiso Police Station and is due to appear in the Kagiso Magistrates’ court on Monday 16 March.

At Caxton, we employ humans to generate daily fresh news, not AI intervention. Happy reading!

Support local journalism

Add The Citizen as a preferred source to see more from Krugersdorp News in Google News and Top Stories.

Back to top button