CrimeNews

Young boy forced to attend Initiation School

A six-year-old boy was abducted at Manninburg section in Ga-Kgapane and taken to an Initiation School in Maake area on Sunday 17 June.

It is alleged that the boy was playing with his friend on the street when the occupants of a grey Ford Bantum bakkie approached them and called the boy by his name. They gave him a sweet before driving off with him.

The boy’s father who was in Gauteng when the incident happened said the man from the initiation school informed them that the boy has been admitted to the mountain school and they should bring him food and blankets.

The victim’s father said he opened a case at Ga-Kgapane police station and police were making arrangements to go to the initiation school last week.

The Chairperson of the Limpopo House of Traditional Leaders, Chief Malesela Dikgale, said no person below the age of 12 can be admitted to an initiation school in terms of Initiation Schools Regulations.

“As the Limpopo House of Traditional Leaders, we will not rest until the perpetrators who have violated Initiation schools regulations are brought to book. “We will work with law enforcement agencies to ensure that the rights of young people are not violated and to prevent the unnecessary loss of young lives in these schools,” said Dikgale.

At Caxton, we employ humans to generate daily fresh news, not AI intervention. Happy reading!

Support local journalism

Add The Citizen as a preferred source to see more from Letaba Herald in Google News and Top Stories.

Bertus de Bruyn

Bertus de Bruyn is based in Mbombela, Mpumalanga. De Bruyn has been employed by Caxton since 2009. After a short sabbatical of two years, De Bruyn is back at the place he called home, Caxton, at Lowveld Media. He is currently the digital content manager, but has 14 years of journalism skills, news editor, and acting editor duties behind his name.

Related Articles

Back to top button