News

Video: Fire ravages home in Extension 2

Kate Mohlahlana, an Extension 2 resident from Mhluzi, lost most of her belongings in a fire that broke out on June 4 at about 16:15.

The fire was apparently caused by a gas cylinder.

Ms Mohlahlana lost all her furniture, electrical appliances and a few of her and her 10-year old grandson’s clothes.

Despite losing her belongings, she is grateful that no one died or was injured in the blaze.

@middelburgobserver

Fire ravages house in Mhluzi,Extension 2. #middelburgmpumalanga #middelburgobserver #newssouthafrica #fire

♬ original sound – MiddelburgObserver

Ms Mohlahlana and her grandson currently sleep in a room behind the house, which was not affected by the fire.

The kitchen was left in shambles by the fire.

Anyone willing to lend a helping hand can contact Ms Mohlahlana on 073 078 3423.

• The family is currently in need of a stove and a kettle.

The windows of the house smashed during the blaze.

 
Back to top button