Man accused of KZN matriculant’s murder abandons bail application

Leyton Fynn was shot multiple times while on his way to attend classes at Fairvale Secondary School.

The 18-year-old man accused of shooting and killing 17-year-old Leyton Fynn while he was walking to holiday classes in a Durban suburb, was remanded in custody after he abandoned his bail application.

Leyton Fynn died on June 27. Photo: Supplied

Dondre Addison made his second appearance at the Durban Magistrate’s Court last week for the murder of Fynn, who was gunned down at Richard Winn Road in Wentworth on June 27.

Dressed in his school uniform, Fynn, a learner from Wentworth High School, was on his way to Fairvale Secondary School to attend the winter holiday school programme when he was shot multiple times and was pronounced dead at the scene.

His father, Tyrone, says facing his son’s alleged killer in court for the second time was traumatising.

Leyton Fynn’s parents, Tyrone Fynn and Gail Franks, at the spot where their youngest son was shot and killed.

“During his first court appearance, he [Dondre] looked at me and smirked. Seeing no remorse from him gave me sleepless nights. We are thankful that the law is taking its course and that the trial will begin soon, which will give us some closure,” Tyrone says.

Addison was remanded into custody at Westville Prison and will reappear next month.

Read original story on southlandssun.co.za

At Caxton, we employ humans to generate daily fresh news, not AI intervention. Happy reading!

Support local journalism

Add The Citizen as a preferred source to see more from Network News in Google News and Top Stories.

Penelope Masilela

Journalist at Benoni City Times (2016 – 2021)
Back to top button