CrimeNews

State firearm and more found in criminals’ possession

Westonaria Police arrested three men in possession of a state firearm, housebreaking implements and more two days ago.

The West Rand Trio Task Team arrested three men aged between 26 and 38 for being in possession of a stolen state firearm, cellphones as well as housebreaking implements on Tuesday, 7 May.

Sergeant Linkie Lefakane, Bekkersdal Police spokesperson described the arrests as a major breakthrough.

Housebreaking implements and cellphones found in some of the suspects’ possession. Photo submitted.

“Sergeant Simphiwe Tshongoyi and Constable Jabulani Ngobeni were conducting their routine patrols when they received a call from a victim saying he had been robbed on Monday, 6 May but that he just spotted a vehicle he believed belonged to those who committed the crime.

Also Read:

Two caught with housebreaking implements, illegal firearm

“The police members swiftly responded to the call and together with the victim they drove to a street in Bekkersdal where the vehicle was once again spotted. A group of men was also sitting under a tree.

“Police approached the men and asked where the driver or owner was and he identified himself. Police questioned him about a robbery and he said that he was hired by a man and pointed to the group. Police immediately arrested both the driver and the man pointed out in the group and when they searched him, they found a cellphone which was identified as robbed.

“Both suspects then led the police to another man living in the Tambo section and when they searched him they found a state firearm which was allegedly stolen during a housebreaking and theft in Carletonville early last February.”

Housebreaking implements and cellphones found in some of the suspects’ possession. Photo submitted.

Lefakane said all three suspects have been charged with house robbery, possession of an unlicensed firearm, possession of stolen goods and possession of housebreaking implements. They are expected to appear in the Westonaria Magistrates’ Court soon.

At Caxton, every story is written by humans. We use AI only to perform quality checks - never to generate the news. Happy reading!

Support local journalism

Add The Citizen as a preferred source to see more from Randfontein Herald in Google News and Top Stories.

Related Articles

Back to top button