CrimeNews

Farm workers embark on strike

Workers at a local farming and food production company claim they 'have not been paid for three months'.

Disgruntled workers at a farming and food production company in Brandvlei embarked on a strike on Monday, 27 January, claiming they had not been paid for three months.

Tebogo Mabongo, leader of the striking workers said, “We marched to their premises in the morning to support the workers, but management was not prepared to give us even a minute of their time,” Mabongo said.

Protesters demanding answers outside the company’s premises. Photo submitted.

He added that several attempts to speak to the company management had been unsuccessful.

The Herald will keep its readers updated as the story unfolds.

At Caxton, every story is written by humans. We use AI only to perform quality checks - never to generate the news. Happy reading!

Support local journalism

Add The Citizen as a preferred source to see more from Randfontein Herald in Google News and Top Stories.

Related Articles

Back to top button