CrimeNews

Young man wanted for business robbery

Police ID a man believed to be linked to a business robbery in Zuurbekom.

Bekkersdal Police have released an ID kit of a suspect in connection with a business robbery in Zuurbekom earlier this month.

According to Sergeant Linkie Lefakane, the Bekkersdal Police spokesperson, four armed robbers managed to get away with an undisclosed amount of cash, cellphones and the business owner’s Isuzu bakkie during a business robbery at about 5.15pm on Tuesday, 2 February.

The owner managed to identify one of the suspects by means of an ID kit. It is believed the suspect is in his 20s, speaks isiZulu, is of medium built, has short black hair and has gold on his two front teeth. During the robbery he was wearing a black jacket and black jeans,” Lefakane said.

She added the bakkie has not been recovered as yet, and warned that the other suspects are still at large.

“They are deemed to be armed and dangerous. We therefore appeal to the community to assist with any information that could lead to their arrest,” Lefakane said.

At Caxton, every story is written by humans. We use AI only to perform quality checks - never to generate the news. Happy reading!

Support local journalism

Add The Citizen as a preferred source to see more from Randfontein Herald in Google News and Top Stories.

Clinton Botha

For more than 4 and a half years, Clinton Botha was a journalist at Roodepoort Record. His articles were regularly published in the Northside Chronicle now known as the Roodepoort Northsider. Clinton is also the editor of Randfontein Herald since July 2020. As a sports fanatic he wormed his way into various "beats - as the media would know it - and admits openly that his big love always have something to do with a scoreboard, crowds and usually a ball that hops.

Related Articles

Back to top button