CrimeNews

Numerous vehicle theft incidents a concern

Randfontein Police concerned about separate incidents of vehicle theft in less than a week.

Three suspects were arrested for separate incidents of vehicle theft in less than a week, thanks to the swift work of the Randfontein Police.

According to Sergeant Carmen Hendricks, Randfontein Police spokesperson, police members followed up on information on Tuesday, 2 March at approximately 1.50pm regarding a Toyota Yaris that had been stolen at the Randfontein Court.

She added that the members arrived at a location in Ext 2, Toekomsrus where they found the suspect busy stripping the vehicle.

The suspect was arrested and we recovered two more vehicles at the scene. They were booked in for further enquiries,” said Hendricks.

According to Hendricks, a suspect was arrested in a separate incident at approximately 3.20pm.

“Police members were doing their normal patrols on Station Street when a man approached the members. He pointed towards his motor vehicle and informed the members that it was being stolen.”

Three suspects were arrested for separate incidents of vehicle theft in less than a week. Photo submitted.

She added that the members chased the suspect, but at Potgieter Street in Westergloor the vehicle came to a stop. The suspect jumped out of the vehicle and ran into the bushes where the members managed to arrest him. They recovered the stolen vehicle and a case of theft of motor vehicle was opened.

We are facing a lot of motor vehicle theft in the area, so we ask vehicle owners to always make sure that their vehicles are properly locked and that there are no valuables on the car seats,” said Brigadier Mashole Jacob Manamela, Randfontein Police station commander.

He further applauded the members for their hard work and commended them for a job well done.

Anyone with information can contact the Randfontein Police on 011 414 4992, 011 412 7666 or alternatively on 071 675 7094, or make use of the my SAPS app or the Crime Stop number on 086 001 0111 to report crime anonymously.

At Caxton, every story is written by humans. We use AI only to perform quality checks - never to generate the news. Happy reading!

Support local journalism

Add The Citizen as a preferred source to see more from Randfontein Herald in Google News and Top Stories.

Clinton Botha

For more than 4 and a half years, Clinton Botha was a journalist at Roodepoort Record. His articles were regularly published in the Northside Chronicle now known as the Roodepoort Northsider. Clinton is also the editor of Randfontein Herald since July 2020. As a sports fanatic he wormed his way into various "beats - as the media would know it - and admits openly that his big love always have something to do with a scoreboard, crowds and usually a ball that hops.

Related Articles

Back to top button