UPDATE: ‘Mix up’ delays Centurion hit-and-run case
The accused in the culpable homicide case of Ruan Viljoen (18) appeared again in the Pretoria Magistrate's Court on Wednesday.
The accused in the culpable homicide case of Ruan Viljoen appeared again in the Pretoria Magistrate’s Court on Wednesday.
The case has been postponed to 15 October.
During Siphiwe Malhaba’s appearance, he told the magistrate that a “mix up” between himself and his legal representative meant that his lawyer was not present.
“I have been advised to request that the matter be postponed,” said Malhaba.
However, state prosecutor Rabia Ebrahim said the matter had been postponed on two previous occasions.
ALSO READ: UPDATE: Centurion hit-and-run accused back in court
“This is an old matter and the state wants finality on it,” said Ebrahim.
The state then requested that a final postponement be made to Monday 8 October.
However, Malhaba then said he would not be able to attend on that date.
“I have a previous arrangement which takes place outside the country,” he said.
He requested the matter be postponed to after 15 October.
Malhaba had to provide proof of this previous arrangement.
ALSO READ: UPDATE: Ruan’s life remembered by parents
Do you have more information about the story? Please send us an email to editorial@rekord.co.za or phone us on 083 625 4114.
For free breaking and community news, visit Rekord’s websites:
For more news and interesting articles, like Rekord on Facebook, follow us on Twitter or Instagram
