Local newsLocal sportNewsSport

Vodacom Bulls XV calls to the youth to get vaccinated

"We do hope that many others will follow in the footsteps of these players who received their jabs."

Fifteen Vodacom Bulls players received their Covid-19 vaccination jabs at the Centurion Council Chambers vaccination site on Tuesday, Augustus 31.

The Vodacom Bulls, who fully back Tshwane metro’s vaccination drive, were joined by health MMC, Sakkie du Plooy.

Some of the players who received their jab, were captain of the Bulls Arno Botha, Lionel Mapoe, David Coetzer, Sibongile Novuka, Harold Vorster, Sidney Tobias, Kabelo Mokoena, Raynard Roets, Johan Mulder and Ruan Combrinck.

Photo: Carli Koch Canan Roodie.
Photo: Carli Koch Raynard Roets. Bulls

Scrum half Mulder said it was great to be able to do his part to try to get back to normal.

“The nurses who injected us were very helped, friendly and it was a quick process.

“I would encourage everyone to get the vaccine. The faster everyone gets it, the faster the schools and sporting events can go back to normal,” he said.

ALSO READ: Sinoville Cricket Club invites prospective players to their open day

Vodacom Bulls CEO, Edgar Rathbone said it was important that they are at the forefront of the ongoing vaccination drive; particularly in the city.

“Our players, management and staff are intent on illustrating the importance of these vaccinations by leading from the front and encouraging our fans and fellow citizens to do the same. We do hope that many others will follow in the footsteps of these players who received their jabs,“ Rathbone said.

Sidney Tobias.
Johan Mulder.

Tshwane metro spokesperson Lindela Mashigo, said they want to encourage all youth to overcome the “vaccine hesitancy” phenomenon and register to be inoculated.

“The team members got their jabs to help the country achieve herd immunity.

“The metro has, since the country opened Covid-19 vaccinations to those aged between 18 and 34 years earlier this month, made a call to all young people to come in numbers to vaccinate. We believe immunisation is the answer to the re-opening of more economic, religious, cultural and sporting activities,” he said.

Mashigo concluded by commending the government and the metro, led by Du Plooy, for the sterling work they are doing in fighting this Covid-19 pandemic.

Video: 

Do you have more information about the story?

Please send us an email to editorial@rekord.co.za or phone us on 083 625 4114.

For free breaking and community news, visit Rekord’s websites: Rekord East

For more news and interesting articles, like Rekord on Facebook, follow us on Twitter or Instagram

 

 

At Caxton, every story is written by humans. We use AI only to perform quality checks - never to generate the news. Happy reading!

Support local journalism

Add The Citizen as a preferred source to see more from Rekord in Google News and Top Stories.

Back to top button