CrimeNewsUpdate

Court acquits 7 members of robbery syndicate

One of the men belonging to the 8-member syndicate who were arrested in Mahwelereng earlier this week appeared before the Mokereong Magistrate's Court yesterday (Tuesday).

LIMPOPO – He was released on R1000 bail and is set to reappear on 28 August said Mahwelereng police spokesperson, Constable Sello Lesso.

The other 7 suspects were acquitted from this case and transferred to other police stations to face separate charges he added.

Six suspects were arrested in Mapela and after preliminary investigation two more suspects were arrested in Rooivaal Village said Lesso.

“Three firearms and a suspected stolen vehicle recovered during the arrests.”

Two of the suspects were confirmed to be part of the 13 prisoners that escaped from the Modimolle Police cells in March.

 

For more breaking news visit us on ReviewOnline and CapricornReview or follow us on Facebook or Twitter
For more breaking news visit us on ReviewOnline and CapricornReview or follow us on Facebook or Twitter

At Caxton, every story is written by humans. We use AI only to perform quality checks - never to generate the news. Happy reading!

Support local journalism

Add The Citizen as a preferred source to see more from Review in Google News and Top Stories.

Related Articles

Back to top button