Seshego kidnapping: Suspect denied bail
The case against a 37-year-old man who was arrested for the kidnapping and sexual assault of a 14-year-old girl from Seshego, was postponed to 13 August for further investigation.
POLOKWANE – A 37-year-old man re-appeared in the Seshego Magistrate’s Court on Wednesday, 7 August, on charges of kidnapping and rape.
The suspect, who was arrested following an intensive search operation on 23 June for a missing 14-year-old girl, was denied bail and will appear again in the same court on 13 August 2019, for further bail application.
Read more: Seshego kidnapping: case postponed to August
Police Spokesperson, Col Moatshe Ngoepe, says police acted on a tip-off from members of the community about the whereabouts of the victim and during the operation, the victim was rescued at a shack in an extension in the Seshego area. The suspect had already fled the scene but was traced and arrested the following day 24 June, at a hideout in Seshego.
The girl was reported missing by her family at the beginning of June after she allegedly left home but failed to return. Preliminary investigations by police revealed that the suspect, who is known to the victim, raped her repeatedly during the period she was kidnapped.
Ngoepe says police investigations are continuing.




