Forensic investigation still not finalised after fire at Standerton Country Club
The Advertiser contacted Mr Louis Bibbey, club chairman, on 10 January who indicated that the investigation has not been completed.
After the Standerton Country Club was damaged in a fire on 24 October last year, Mr John Kock, Chief Fire and Disaster Management Officer, said to the Standerton Advertiser that an electrical fault was suspected to be the cause.
The cause of the fire could not be confirmed.
Mr Kock said on 11 January that due to the amount of damage, the forensic investigation is being done by the club’s insurer.
The Advertiser contacted Mr Louis Bibbey, club chairman, on 10 January who indicated that the investigation has not been completed.
Mr Bibbey said however, that the club’s committee would meet on Monday, 14 January where after more information will be shared.
Readers will be updated on the progress.



