CrimeLocal newsNews

Another suspect nabbed in Tutuka cable theft case

Four additional suspects will be charged in connection with the Standerton case.

The Hawks arrested a seventh person suspected to be involved in the stealing of copper cables at Tutuka Power Station near Standerton.

The 44-year-old man is expected to appear before the Standerton Magistrate’s court today. The Hawks Secunda and Middelburg based Serious Organised Crime Investigation units executed the arrest.

According to Mpumalanga Hawks spokesperson, Capt Dineo Sekgotodi, the suspect is said to be a sibling of one of the accused.

Meanwhile, Tutuka Power Station principal inspector Refilwe Motloung (36) is still in police custody after her first court appearance last Friday. She is also set to appear in court today.

“Preliminary investigation revealed that the suspect played a key role in directing and escorting trucks during the theft. He will join two previously arrested suspects in court today. ”

His arrest brings the total number of arrested suspects to seven (7). Four additional suspects will be charged in connection with the Standerton case.

Sekgotodi said the investigation continues.



ALSO READ: Hawks swoop in on alleged copper cable thieves at Tutuka power station

ALSO READ: WATCH: Multiple vehicle collision on N17 near Kinross water tower turnoff

At Caxton, we employ humans to generate daily fresh news, not AI intervention. Happy reading!

Support local journalism

Add The Citizen as a preferred source to see more from Ridge Times in Google News and Top Stories.

Themba Vukeya

Experienced journalist and news editor skilled in creating compelling digital content. Expertise includes breaking news, feature writing, and engaging storytelling across diverse stories.

Related Articles

Back to top button