CrimeNews

Man wanted for house breaking and theft in Florida

The suspect, aged 24, will appear at the Roodepoort Magistrates' Court soon.

Florida Police have launched a manhunt for a suspect that was involved in a house-breaking on Friday, 12 July.

According to Sergeant Mpho More, spokesperson for the Florida Police, they arrested one of the suspects, on charges of house-breaking and theft, but the other suspect is still at large.

Also Read:

https://www.citizen.co.za/roodepoort-record/2018/08/21/tips-housebreaking-on-the-increase/

“When the complainant left his house, everything was in order, but when he came back, he realised that his two televisions had been stolen. He went to enquire at the railway station, only to find that a community member witnessed two unknown men carrying the televisions coming into the station,” said More.

She added that when the suspects were spotted, they fled.

“One suspect was cornered and with the help of the police, he was arrested. The TVs and five pairs of shoes were recovered. The other suspect is still at large,” she said.

The suspect, aged 24, will appear in the Roodepoort Magistrates’ Court soon.

At Caxton, every story is written by humans. We use AI only to perform quality checks - never to generate the news. Happy reading!

Support local journalism

Add The Citizen as a preferred source to see more from Roodepoort Record in Google News and Top Stories.

Related Articles

Back to top button