CrimeNews

Amandawe brothers robbed, abducted and dumped

Three men entered the home - one of them armed with a gun.

CHARGES of kidnapping and house robbery have been registered for investigation following the abduction at gunpoint of two brothers from their Amandawe home on April 23.

The brothers, aged 30 and 43, had been watching television when there was a knock at the door at around 10pm.

Three men entered the home – one of them armed with a gun. “They ordered the brothers to lie on the floor while they searched the house and took cellphones, a laptop, electronic tablet, electronic notebook, a wallet with money and bank cards and ID documents,” said Scottburgh Saps communications officer, Captain Vincent Pandarum.

ALSO READ: Bogus detectives abduct woman from outside Port Shepstone bank

They then took the brothers out to their bakkie and ordered them to lie on the floor of the bin. One then fired a shot. They left the property in the stolen bakkie, with one of the robbers keeping watch over the brothers in the back.

“The victims were dropped off at Inkwali in the Umkomaas area and the robbers abandoned the vehicle and fled on foot with the other stolen property,” said Captain Pandarum.

The vehicle was later recovered by police.

HAVE YOUR SAY

Like our Facebook page, follow us on Twitter and Instagram

For news straight to your phone, add us on BBM 58F3D7A7 or WhatsApp 082 421 6033

At Caxton, every story is written by humans. We use AI only to perform quality checks - never to generate the news. Happy reading!

Support local journalism

Add The Citizen as a preferred source to see more from South Coast Herald in Google News and Top Stories.

Check Also
Close
Back to top button