CrimeNews

Crusade tent burnt to the ground in the Nkombo area, Malangeni

The tent had been pitched for a church event.

Pastor Skhumbuzo Mtwane, a Malangeni resident, was appalled when his church tent was set alight on Sunday night.

The tent had been brought into the area that morning as a crusade was going to take place there in due time, but unfortunately those plans had be put on hold as there is now no place to accommodate the churchgoers.

YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN: Umkomaas Saps register case of arson after Magabeni police station burns down

“It upsets me to know that there are people out there who would do such horrid things to a place that was going to be used to spread God’s word,” said Pastor Mtwane.

The tent had been set up on the Nkombo area’s sportsfield at about 3pm.

An outreach service had taken place and people had left at 5pm. Pastor Mtwane was alerted of the blaze that turned his tent to ash at around midnight and arrived to find it in ruins.

“I’m not sure what’s going to happen now, because I bought that tent with my own money to do the Lord’s work, but whatever happens is according to His plan so I have faith and know that something good will eventually come our way now,” said the pastor.

HAVE YOUR SAY

Like our Facebook page, follow us on Twitter and Instagram

For news straight to your phone, add us on BBM 58F3D7A7 or WhatsApp 082 421 6033

At Caxton, every story is written by humans. We use AI only to perform quality checks - never to generate the news. Happy reading!

Support local journalism

Add The Citizen as a preferred source to see more from South Coast Herald in Google News and Top Stories.

Check Also
Close
Back to top button