CrimeNews

Hijacked Umzinto man found in Umtentweni

He had been stabbed and was found lying outside his vehicle.

A man from Umzinto is recovering in hospital after being hijacked at Umzinto by two armed men yesterday (Wednesday).

According to Lazer 911 Security, their control room received a panic from the Umtentweni south toll booth at about 10pm. Three security officers responded and were told by the controller that there was a man, who appeared to be in his 40s, lying on the ground near his car.

YOU MIGHT ALSO BE INTERESTED IN: Motorist threatened with knife, hijacked near Harding

The man told officers that he had been hijacked at Umzinto and that the hijackers had friven, with him in the car, until the vehicle ran out of fuel.  The attackers then stabbed the man before fleeing on foot.

The security officers contacted police and paramedics and the man was taken to hospital. No arrests have been made.

HAVE YOUR SAY

Like our Facebook page, follow us on Twitter and Instagram

For news straight to your phone, add us on WhatsApp 082 421 6033

At Caxton, every story is written by humans. We use AI only to perform quality checks - never to generate the news. Happy reading!

Support local journalism

Add The Citizen as a preferred source to see more from South Coast Herald in Google News and Top Stories.

Sugan Naidoo

Senior reporter Sugan Naidoo is a true son of the South Coast soil. He was to the newspaper industry born, his late father working at the South Coast Herald back in the days when black and white photographs were still being used. Sugan has been with Caxton for close to three decades, having started as a weekend photographer, straight out of school. He soon showed his skill in hard news reporting and has, over the years, added to his repertoire, with motoring now one of his important beats. He is always willing to go the extra mile, especially if it's to test drive a new vehicle. He supports the Proteas, Springboks and Manchester United.
Check Also
Close
Back to top button