A GANDHINAGAR man (59) can finally rest easy after the four men who stabbed him repeatedly during a house robbery in January last year were sentenced in the Scottburgh Regional Court recently.
The man was alone at home at about 11am when the four men forced their way into the house.
ALSO READ : Man arrested for stabbing girlfriend in Riverside Park, Umzinto
He was assaulted by the intruders, who demanded money.
They stabbed him several times in the back, stomach and neck before fleeing with clothing, a TV and decoder, chairs, a music system, jewellery, a DVD player and laptop.
The injured man dragged himself from the house and into the road where he was able to flag down a passing vehicle.
One of the robbers was arrested by Umzinto Saps detectives later that day, and several items of stolen property were recovered.
A second arrest was made in Amandawe the following day, and the remaining two suspects were taken into custody shortly thereafter.

Last year, a 17-year-old pleaded guilty and was convicted of robbery with aggravating circumstances.
He was given a suspended sentence.
Msizeni Mbesa (20) also pleaded guilty and was sentenced to seven years’ imprisonment.
Julius Sibahle (23) and Sokude Sondelwe Phumlani (26), pleaded not guilty to house robbery with aggravating circumstances, and attempting to escape from custody.
They were however both convicted on November 15, and were sentenced to 18 years’ imprisonment each.
“Detective Sergeant Nomalen Pillay of Umzinto Detective Services followed up every bit of information in detail and with the assistance of his colleagues, hunted down all the criminals within six days of the incident,” said Scottburgh Saps communications officer, Captain Adam Francis.
Ugu Cluster Commander, Major General Sethenya Agnes Nxamagele, commended the investigating officer for his hard work and diligence.
“Criminals have no place to hide any longer as the South African Police Service will do everything in our power to track them down,” she said.
Members of the Gandhinagar community have now united in the fight against crime and have established a neighbourhood watch.
HAVE YOUR SAY
Like the South Coast Herald’s Facebook page, follow us on Twitter and Instagram
To receive our FREE email newsletter, click HERE
