Fraud accused hand themselves over to police
The duo scammed a buyer who viewed a truck at a dealership in Boksburg and after paying, the truck was never delivered.
Two men allegedly wanted on fraud charges, Nzuzo Njilo and Kwanda Ntshangase have both handed themselves over to the police, after a manhunt for them was launched recently.
Ntshangase handed himself over to police and has since appeared in the Port Shepstone Magistrate’s Court, while Njilo handed himself over on Monday last week, and also appeared in the Port Shepstone Magistrate’s Court on the same day.
Warrants of arrests were issued for Njilo and Ntshangase by the Port Shepstone Magistrate’s Court on April 18.
Police spokesperson, Captain Petros Mpinge said the two allegedly masqueraded as salesmen to sell a truck in May 2021.
“The unsuspecting buyer viewed the truck at a dealership in Boksburg and later paid the two a substantial amount of money. The truck was never delivered and since then the duo could not be contacted and their whereabouts were unknown.
“Police then uncovered that certain information on the sales agreement was fraudulent and a criminal case was duly opened,” said Mpinge

HAVE YOUR SAY
Like the South Coast Herald’s Facebook page, follow us on Twitter and Instagram
