Concerns over non-grant payments in Harding
The KZN MEC for Social Development, Mbali Shinga, said people who are entitled to a social, elderly or disability grant will receive it.
Children aged two years and below living in the Umuziwabantu Municipality are not getting their social grants.
The Deputy Minister of Social Development, Ganief Hendricks, raised this during an outreach programme in Harding on Tuesday last week.
Hendricks said they were concerned because all children needed to get their social grants.
“We are here to provide services and to make sure that Sassa provides its services in terms of the mandate. I have also raised the concern of children not getting their grants with the Minister of Social Development, Nokuzola Tolashe,” he said.

The deputy minister added that the R650 grant was important in ensuring that children have access to nutritional food.
“This money is purely for food for the child. This is why we need to ensure that they get this grant,” he said.
Hendricks also said pensioners who have not received their elderly grant should not panic.
He explained that there have been several people who were receiving Sassa grants they were not entitled to.
Also, the KZN MEC for Social Development, Mbali Shinga, said people who are entitled to a social, elderly or disability grant will receive it.

“Sassa is currently conducting its annual audit check. It would be best for beneficiaries to visit their nearest branch and declare whether they have any other source of income. This could be one of the things holding back their payments. People should not panic if they have been fingered; it does not mean they are guilty of anything. They just have to sit down with an official and clarify their information,” she said.
Inkosi Ntamonde Mthetho Machi thanked the government for bringing their services directly to his people, as it is hard for them to access some services since they live in a deep rural area.

HAVE YOUR SAY
Like the South Coast Herald’s Facebook page, follow us on Twitter and Instagram
