News

Skeem Saam cancels auditions

Wannabe actors disappointed.

Thousands of hopefuls were disappointed at the Skeem Saam auditions on Friday.

The auditions which were supposed to take place at Bassline in Johannesburg were cancelled at the eleventh hour after people had already gathered to try their luck to be the next Skeem Saam’s stars.

People were angry and still stayed after they announced that the auditions were cancelled because they believed that they deserved a fair chance to audition.

“I woke up early and even bunked school just to come and now they cancel the auditions.

“What they are doing is so unfair and they are not being professional,” said Ntokozo Mncina, who thought she could be the next Skeem Saam star.

The situation got chaotic as people were fighting to get inside and metro police had to intervene to calm the situation.

Skeem Saam publicist, Percy Vilakazi apologised for what happened and said that the auditions were cancelled because of safety reasons.

“We apologise for what happened, the new dates for auditions are November 17 to 22 but we are still yet to announce the venues on television,” said Vilakazi.

At Caxton, we employ humans to generate daily fresh news, not AI intervention. Happy reading!

Support local journalism

Add The Citizen as a preferred source to see more from Soweto Urban in Google News and Top Stories.

Related Articles

Back to top button