CrimeNews

Alexandra murder case postponed again

The family of slain Midrand man Xichavo Ntsanwisi says repeated postponements in the murder case are forcing them to grapple with fresh trauma each time they return to court.

The murder case against Ntokoto Mabasa has been postponed to May 21, following her brief appearance before the Alexandra Magistrate’s Court.

Mabasa faces charges related to the fatal stabbing of her boyfriend, Xichavo Ntsanwisi, in Midrand last year.

During the court proceedings, state prosecutor Lufuno Maphiri requested the postponement to allow the state more time to secure outstanding evidence, including DNA and fingerprint results.

Read more: Bloodshed in Alexandra as police record nine murders in January alone

This is not the first delay in the matter. At Mabasa’s earlier appearance, in November last year, Maphiri asked for a postponement to February 27, citing the need for further investigations, and the need for the state to obtain critical evidence, such as the postmortem report.

He confirmed to the court on Friday that the state has since obtained the postmortem report, but DNA and fingerprint results remain outstanding. “What is outstanding are DNA and fingerprints results, so I am asking for a postponement to May 21 for that purpose,” Maphiri told the court.

Magistrate Rennie Boshoff granted the request, extending the case once more.

Meanwhile, Ntsanwisi’s family said the repeated delays have been deeply painful. They expressed mixed emotions after the postponement. While the deceased’s aunt Tinyiko Ntsanwisi acknowledged the importance of evidence, she lamented the emotional toll of each postponement.

Also read: Community dialogue exposes unchecked dangers of social media on young people

“Obviously, we don’t feel good, but I just believe that justice delayed is not justice denied. We just hope that justice will be served one day.”

She said the postponements subject the family to recurring trauma, noting that every time they come to court, and see Mabasa, the pain is unbearable. “That wound is not healing. It is just bleeding every day. We hope that justice can be served.”

@caxtonjoburgnorth Ntokoto Mabasa’s murder case has been postponed to May 21, as the state requests more time to obtain outstanding DNA and fingerprint results. #caxtonlocalmedia #Community #News #Localnews #johannesburg #2026 #Fyp #Alexnews #Gomora #Crime #Murder ♬ original sound – Caxton Joburg North

 

Despite the anguish, the family said they are placing their faith in God. “We are just putting everything in God’s hands, as God promised that he will fight for us.”

Mabasa remains out on R10 000 bail as she awaits her next court appearance in May. Mabasa’s family could not be reached for comment.

Follow us on our WhatsApp channelFacebookXInstagram, and TikTok for the latest updates and inspiration!

At Caxton, we employ humans to generate daily fresh news, not AI intervention. Happy reading!

Support local journalism

Add The Citizen as a preferred source to see more from Alex News in Google News and Top Stories.

Itumeleng Maloka

A multimedia journalist with a passion for telling stories that reflect the community’s triumphs and challenges. Itumeleng focuses on social issues and local initiatives, with coverage spanning multiple beats including sports, crime, courts, entertainment, and education.

Related Articles

Back to top button